In addition to their innovative leafy greens harvesters, Ortomec has designed the Multi-Seeder, a seed planter that meets the needs of
high density crop growers.
High density seed planter
The tractor mounted Ortomec Multi-Seeder is a versatile planter
perfect for planting high density crops.
- 13" Stainless steel, hydraulically driven front and rear rollers with scrapers to prevent soil build-up
- Stainless steel seed hopper (holds over 50 lbs of seed)
- Specially designed clean-out tray for quick and easy seed changes
- Vibrating seed agitation via electric motor provides constant flow and prevents bridging
- Flexible planting depth and spacing
- Spring loaded shoes are individually adjustable and can be spaced as close as 2" apart
- Innovative sliding "doors" close off individual seed lines
The Multi-Seeder comes in several widths to accommodate a variety
of bed sizes
- 47" / max 20 lines
- 55" / max 23 lines
- 63" / max 26 lines
- 71" / max 29 lines
Maximum planting widths and seed lines are listed above. Plant any
number of lines up to the max listed.
- Granular applicators
- Larger seed hopper (holds 5x more seed; ideal when planting large seeds, like spinach, chard, and beets)